Diary of a CrazyFrench

Saturday 30 May 2009

Saturday May 30th, 2009

Friday

  • Installed the Maemo Diablo SDK (only the FLOSS part). This involved installing Scratchbox, disabling some SELinux, and so on. Also Xephyr crashes. Filed bug in Fedora. And last but not least, I had to reinvent diskspace as both / and /home are more than full. 60GB HDD ought to be enough.
  • Some issues with getting Gnote dependencies for Maemo. Will bother later, even though that's one of the reason I installed the SDK.
  • Built and fixed AbiWord 2.7.x for Maemo. At least I share the tree with the regular desktop build. Got it running, but the built-in input method just eat the "return" key presses therefor making it hard to use AbiWord in the SDK. Will need to investigate that.

Saturday

  • Working on building AbiWord packages for Maemo. Fortunately 2.6.8 almost build out of the box. I struggle more with disk space than anything else. The previous packages pre-2.6 were build with --enable-debug that spew asserts almost all the time (this has gotten better, but released package must not use that option) and is actually much slower.
  • Mental note: after doing a new install, don't forget to tune2fs your / filesystem to set the reserved percentage to 1 instead of 5.
  • Apparently there are several bugs in AbiWord 2.6.x that only manifest on the device.

Wednesday 27 May 2009

Gnote 0.4.0

Just released Gnote 0.4.0.

Dependency changes: now libxml++ 2.26 is REQUIRED, because of nasty bugs in older release. Upstream itself said it was unusable. Also, if you are a packager, be aware that libxml++ 2.26 break the ABI silently. You must understand that before doing any upgrade. See bug 583825.

I already have a branch that just remove this dependency, I'll merge it after this release.

Download it

New features:

  • Handle command line argument --version and --search
  • Backlinks addin.
  • Addin to export to HTML.

Fixes:

  • Hard require on libxml++ 2.26. Should prevent some bugs (Bug #583807, Bug #583808, Bug #579292, Bug #579316) See git
  • Note is now trackable. Should avoid a crash related to signals. (Closes #581618)
  • Remove obsolete UTF-8 keyword in .desktop (Closes #581623) (Robert Millan)
  • Fix build with LDFLAGS="-Wl,--as-needed" (Closes #581559) (Priit Laes)
  • '-' in note title was mistakenly doubled in the menu. (Closes #581643)
  • Fix crash when entering an URL instead of a host name for the bugzilla icon in the bugzilla addin (Closes #581080)
  • Stop calculating the status icon menu position by thyself.
  • Fix UI for InsertTimeStamp addin (Closes #582788) (0.1.1)
  • Fix inconsistency in search dialog selection causing drag and drop and delete to mis-behave. (Closes #579107, Closes #582757)
  • gnote-applet is in libexec. (Closes #581631)
  • Fix markup error in German localization (Closes #582975)
  • Fix error on first run in German (de_DE) (Debian bug #528930)

Translations:

  • Added translations: - Bengali India (bn_IN) - Hungarian (hu)
  • Updated translations: - Arabic (ar) - German (de) - Japanese (ja) - Spanish (es)
  • Added Greek manual.
  • Added Spanish manual.

Saturday 16 May 2009

libpanelappletmm 2.26.0

libpanelappletmm 2.26.0 has been pushed out of the door.

The main reason for that was the removal of libgnome* causing 2.22 to not build as is with GNOME 2.26.

It is available on the GNOME FTP

Friday 15 May 2009

libopenraw 0.0.8

Another quick release: libopenraw 0.0.8, because I found a crasher when updating gegl RAW support.

Changes

  • includes missing for gcc 4.4
  • Fix crash in or_get_file_extensions()

Get it !

Wednesday 6 May 2009

sometime

Sometime the shit hit the fan. Good thing I have the EEE PC. The bad thing is that I might be slow replying to email as I dont have a mail client here, nor do I have my ssh key.

Update: wow this post has the number 666.

Tuesday 5 May 2009

Gnote 0.3.1 - "Five-One-Four"

Since tomorrow I'll be in Montreal for LGM, today will be release day for Gnote 0.3.1 "Five-One-Four". Next week should be back to the regular schedule. This is a bugfix release, and it is available on GNOME FTP as usual.

The changes are:

Fixes:

  • Missing header in src/addins/inserttimestamp/inserttimestampnoteaddin.cpp
  • Don't crash when deleting a note (Closes #579839)
  • Plugged various memory leaks.
  • Cleared up a few Gtkmm warnings.
  • Applet was trying to use an icon named "tomboy" (Closes #581226) (Robert Millan)
  • .desktop file didn't have the version (Jonathon Jongsma)
  • .desktop has improper XFCE category and should have OnlyShowIn entry for GNOME and XFCE (Closes #580481)
  • Help didn't work in the Note windows. (Closes #581200)
  • Notebook addin toolbar button was inconsistent. (Closes #581213)
  • Delete notebook now works in the search dialog. (Closes #581222)
  • Popup menus in the search dialog now appear.
  • Output options at the end of configure and fail if D-Bus is enabled.

Translations:

  • Added translations: - Japanese (ja)
  • Updated translations: - Arabic (ar) - Catalan (ca) - French (fr) - Spanish (es)
  • Fix format causing crashes. (Closes #580868)
  • Fix a typo in the gconf schema description (Closes #581239)
  • Fix small translatable strings (Closes #579197)

Friday 1 May 2009

I'm a switcher

I bit the bullet and installed Fedora 11-BETA on my only machine, to replace openSUSE 11.1. Let's see how it goes. I don't think there will be any big issue.

I need to figure out the package building though.